Case Management and Client Advocacy
In each of the seven Hudson Valley counties we serve, our case managers empower clients and help them access and maintain the following:
- Medical and dental care
- Access to specialty care
- Housing assistance
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI)
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) enrollment
- Access to current and emerging medications and clinical trials
- Emergency financial assistance
- Legal assistance including healthcare proxy, living will, permanency planning
- Substance use treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Other services unique to an individual’s needs
Intensive Case Management: HVCS works with Medicaid-eligible clients and families whose needs are especially great through this family-centered intensive program. Visit our Health Homes page for more information.
HVCS also works with clients who are without Medicaid or private insurance. We do this through grant funding. Each client in need of case management services is assigned a single case manager, receiving services through office and home visits.
Counseling: The following types of counseling and treatment services are offered to our clients.
- Individual, couples and family counseling
- Assistance with returning-to-work issues
- Harm reduction and substance use counseling
- Support and discharge planning for state prison inmates
Client Emergency Fund: Clients can apply for funds to cover expenses in emergency situations and unpredictable circumstances. HVCS maintains this small reserve of funding to assist clients in times of extreme need.
Westchester Jewish Community Services: HVCS clients in Westchester have access to on-site services provided by Westchester Jewish Community Services (WJCS). WJCS staff provide individual and group mental health counseling.
* Please note services are not available on Holidays.